Kelowna is the largest city in the Okanagan Valley and located a short and scenic 4 hour drive from Vancouver and 1.4 hour drive from the USA/Canada border.
Rural and urban; nature and culture; playtime and downtime: Kelowna isn’t just one destination. It’s a whole bunch of them, located in one uniquely beautiful place.
Panoramic natural beauty surrounds the lakeside city of Kelowna. As one of the warmest cities in Canada and the largest metropolitan cluster located in the Okanagan Valley, you’ll find vineyards, orchards, and beaches surrounding a lively lakeside city with a soulful urban vibe that offering a variety of arts, entertainment, and festivals as well as a mix of interesting shops ranging from boutique-indie to national faves.
Just 10 minutes from the bustling downtown heart of the city, you can be hiking to a tri-pod worthy vista, challenging yourself on single-track mountain biking trails, standing in an orchard picking fruit right off the trees, enjoying a wine tour and then sipping wine on a stunning vineyard patio while enjoying live music, or teeing off on one of 18 local golf courses. Is chilling on the beach is more your style? If so, then Kelowna’s got you covered with more than 30 in the area. Even main street ends at a beach!
Foodies love Kelowna! This sun-drenched city is dotted with wineries, summertime markets, and fruit stands. Its farmland is so abundant that you’ll find local ingredients celebrated by chefs throughout the city in epic farm-to-table fashion.
It’s a place dreams are made of, where you can truly experience something exceptional every day
Top 10 list (key attractions, etc)
- Myra Canyon and the historic Kettle Valley Trestles.
- Okanagan Lake, guided & self-guided boat tours, water sports & activities, swimming, and hanging out on beaches galore!
- Downtown Kelowna’s 2.2 KM lakeside pedestrian boardwalk includes Waterfront Park, City Park, Hot Sands Beach, Tugboat Beach, and Rotary Marsh (bird sanctuary).
- Knox Mountain Park lookout and trails including one that leads to gorgeous Paul’s Tomb Beach.
- 5 distinct Wine Trails to choose from with more than 30 wineries to visit, several with vineyard dining, outdoor concerts, and cool events.
- New downtown includes: Bernard Ave renovations, Downtown Marina Pedestrian areas, and lakeside extended boardwalk - even main street ends at the lake!
- U-pick fruit, fruit stands, road-side markets, and the twice weekly Kelowna Farmers’ & Crafters’ Market.
- Breweries, distilleries, and cideries that offer tastings and tours.
- Farm to Table restaurants for foodies who want fresh, local, regional flavours.
- Outdoor adventure. Ziplining, hikes to waterfalls, bike trails, horseback riding, endurance, and adventure parks.